Current Job Openings at BHP
Roles & Responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the laboratory activities of the BHP clinical trials, planning and providing supervision of laboratory staff, training of lab and field personnel in laboratory related protocols/procedures, oversight on specimen management and chain of in this section including testing and management of specimens and results.
She/he will also be responsible for;
- Working with the study team to coordinates Laboratory Activities in Field team,
- Coordinating laboratory operations for the BHP clinical trials including field based studies and provides interface with the offsite or regional laboratories.
- Training of field personnel that are involved in the specimen management and ensuring adequate necessary resources
- Planning and execution of laboratory procedures for the clinical trials as per approved protocols
- Providing field support to research assistants and regularly visits sites/laboratories to ensure continued smooth laboratory operations of BCPP.
- Ensuring that new and current staff in specimen management, regional labs are trained, evaluated and monitored.
- Monitoring and evaluate specimen chain of custody and Ensures completeness of results, adherence to TAT and completeness of sample storage.
- Ensuring implementation of procedures to ensure that the working environment in the laboratory is optimal
- Making sure that all minimal safety and biosafety conditions for work are maintained within the field/lab operations, including accident prevention and response, as well as the appropriate disposal of waste.
- Liaising with the Laboratory management and the procurement officers in drawing up the budget needs for the anticipated needs of the study.
- Implementing the quality management plan/requirements for the laboratory relayed aspects of the clinical trials.
- Writing, editing, and implementing standards operating procedures (SOP’s), material requirements documents, and other essential documentation.
- Undertaking performance appraisal and management of leave calendar for lab personnel based at study sites and BHHRL.
- Working with the Ministry of Health and other Partners Laboratory activities in the regional labs to ensure implementation of study requirements/procedures
- Ensuring that the laboratory operations are conducted within regulatory guidelines (GCLP, GCP, Ethical and sponsor requirements) and assists during regulatory audits.
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Biological Sciences, Biomedical Sciences or Medical Laboratory Technology. The incumbent should also be familiar with the specimen flow charts, Laboratory Processing Charts and manual of operations of all study protocols. More than 5 years’ experience in Laboratory Medicine or which 2 should have been at supervisory level. Training in GCLP and Quality Management Systems is an added advantage.
Qualifying candidates should forward their application letters and detailed CVs to:
Human Resource Manager
Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership
Private Bag BO320