- To describe the presentation, severity, outcome and persistence of each case of COVID-19 managed in Gaborone.
- To compare the difference between cases in HIV- infected and HIV-uninfected individuals.
- To determine if individuals with HIV infection remain infectious for longer than those without HIV infection.
- To determine the impact of COVID-19 on HIV infection.
- To establish a bio-repository to conduct future studies on host genetics and COVID-19.
Study Design: Observational cohort
Study Population & Size: Adults who are diagnosed and treated for COVID-19 in Gaborone, Botswana.
Study Duration: 01/09/2019 to 31/08/2021
- University of Botswana (UB).
- Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership (BHP).
Study findings not published yet.